Wednesday 14 March 2012

Tally For Today: -119

Things didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped here today. Had only two trades:

USD/JPY (SELL) at 83.553 | Stoploss: 83.660 | TakeProfit: 83.480 | Exited: 83.660 | Profit: -107
 - entered trade because I thought a top was reached with that market: RSI, CCI, Momentum, and
   MACD were all showing divergence, and USD/JPY was hitting a good trend line
 - There was no Fibonacci Retracement Levels present, but I thought I could get away without them; turns out
    I was wrong on that

GOLD (BUY) at 1638.63 | Stoploss: 1636.85 | TakeProfit: 1640.60 | Exited: 1638.51 | Profit: -12
 - This trade was more of a test then anything, but I decided to include it anyway; I was testing out my fractal
    system (which still needs some more tweeking, but still looks pretty good)
 - I was rather disappointed with my broker on this one; I was in the green when I decided to close (around
    30 points), but it took more then 3 to 5 seconds before it finally exited my trade, which by then turned my
    trade into a loser

I've spent most of my day working on this fractal system, so I didn't trade as much her today. The system works well, but I think I need more of a buffer than just the CCI Zero Line Cross. Seems to be more false signals than I can get away with (which is usually the problem with fractals). Still looking though.