Thursday 22 December 2011

There be Value in Fundamentals!

When I first started trading I was all about the Technical Analysis, but now I'm seeing the value of fundamentals. Right now I'm trying to tabulate all, or at least the important crude oil market movers. As of right now I have the EIA Petroleum Report, and Jobless Claims. I am sure that there are many more since the U.S. dollar is directly related to crude oil prices (inversely related, I should say), along with other major commodities. So, whatever affects the U.S. dollar, will in turn affect crude oil prices.

Here's the trades I made today, and also what I made in the last three days (be lazy about posting them):

USD/CAD (BUY)
Entry: 1.02486
Exit: 1.02557
Profit/Loss: +71

----------Yesterday----------

Crude Oil (BUY)
Entry: 98.71
Exit: 98.82
Profit/Loss: +11

----------Dec 20th-----------

CRUDE OIL (SELL)
Entry: 97.15
Exit: 97.40
Profit/Loss: -25

SILVER (SELL)
Entry: 29.30
Exit: 29.27
Profit/Loss: +3

---------Dec 19th-------------

CRUDE OIL (SELL)
Entry: 93.88
Exit: 94.17
Profit/Loss: -29