Tuesday 13 December 2011

Started a new posting area to make my life a little easier :)



December 12, 2011:
Today I'm looking at Nonlag ZigZag as a possible exit strategy. So far I'm marked down the starting point of my trade, and I'm waiting bar by bar until Nonlag ZigZag makes a move. The first move it makes is when I exit.
I have a feeling that strategy my not work to my liking. If the Nonlag ZigZag moves at a per-fractal basis, then this may not work. But, if this Moving Average ZigZag proves different, then I would be a very happy trader.

So far not trades made today.




December 9, 2011:
Didn't make any trades today, apart from a experimental trade (which, by the way, did not work to my liking). The 4 major markets were a bit one directional (apart from the price action when I was asleep... ARRRG!), which is not what my trading system works on (reversals). So today was pretty quite.

I'm thinking of adding more markets to my everyday-trading, just so I'm not sitting around waiting for the 4 majors to make a move. It will require more testing with this reversal system to make sure I can get some, if any, points from those markets.

Pretty good start with this system:
  • up 60 points, and
  • learned a thing or two about my system
Seems like a step in the right direction :)



December 8, 2011:
So far I've made one trade today. There has been a lot of big movements today with ECB news and MF Globals scandal, so I'm a little reluctant to make a bigger trades today.

USD/JPY: (BUY)
Entry: 77.449
Exit: 77.479
Profit/Loss: +50

The price of USD/JPY is continuing to go up: currently 77.676 and climbing. So it looks like I could have made over 200 points more... might need a better stoploss/take profit setup.
**************************************************************************

Light Sweet Crude Future: (BUY)
Entry: 99.01
Exit: 98.69
Profit/Loss: -32

EUR/USD: (BUY)
Entry: 1.33259
Exit: 1.33352
Profit/Loss: +93

The Crude Future had a bounce off the SHI Channel, and the other indicators were saying up, but I failed to notice the direction of the SHI Channel. If the Channel is downward and the price is looking up... ignore. I did not see this when I opened, so I decided to close before if could get worse. It is quite possible that the price will go up, but if i ignore my indicators, then what the hell am I doing :).
**************************************************************************

GBP/USD: (BUY)
Entry: 1.56330
Exit: 1.56430
Profit/Loss: +100

Looks like I'm back in the green from yesterday :).



December 7, 2011:
Made two trades today using a channeling system mentioned in the Forex-TSD website, along with my combination of TTM scalper and TMA Price Zone indicator as a added improvement (or so we shall see...).

EUR/USD: (BUY)
Entry: 7:05am at 1.33797
Exit:   7:54am at 1.33842
Profit/Loss: +45

GBP/USD: (SELL)

Entry: 8:05am at 1.56760
Exit:   11:23am at 1.57006
Profit/Loss: -246

Observations:
  • The EUR/USD continued to go up after my exit (close to 400 more points from my close)
  • So far the GBP/USD is still in the area where I exited, but it did manage to go down a little further past my exit point (about 50 points more). If the price goes down I'll have to put more confidence in what my indicators are saying
Improvements:
  • Need to check the upper timeframes to get the larger picture. This was the case with GBP/USD trade; I made the sell order when the upper timeframes were suggesting a continuation upwards.
  • Considering using the 3 Line Break indicator as another confirmation of a change in direction, but for now I think I'm going to stick with the my current setup.