Sunday 7 October 2012

Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP): Colour Change

Just finished with another indicator I've been working on for MetaTrader 4: Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP). I've seen this indicator around, so it is nothing new. The purpose for making a indicator that already exists is for practice with my coding skills. With this indicator I started from a formula posted on Wikipedia, and tried to code it, but ran into difficulties. I had to sum close and volume data AND split those summations into set periods. A little more difficult than my usual coding practices. But, none the less, I found a solution, and now I have a colour changing VWAP line on my charts:

I'm not posting the indicator on the Indicator portion of my site just yet. Still have some more bugs to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment