Wednesday 5 September 2012

RSI vs. MA crossover

I was looking at an old post of mine that talks about the 5/8 Moving Average (MA) Crossover. It looked pretty good on my picture the position of each arrow the MA Crossover displayed, so I took another look at and compared it to some of the indicators I've been creating. I tried the Advanced RSI indicator, which displays arrows on the chart at given trigger level, and it seem the RSI out performed the 5/8 MA Crossover.

I do not have stats to back my conclusion, that's why I`m writing this in the general news section of my blog. But I did do a visual backtest for the comparison of the two indicators, and Advanced RSI won the day with fast entry/exit points and fewer false signals. At some point I`ll be posting the Advanced RSI indicator, but I need to make a few more adjustments before I`m satisfied with it.

So, for now if you are using MA Crossovers, you might want to compare it with RSI level triggers. You might get better results....

No comments:

Post a Comment